Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Revenge of the Rooster....


I should have known something was up when I read in the Philippines chapter of my lonely planet guide: "Favourite small mercies- the widespread distribution of what is probably the cheapest beer in the world... Most challenging moments- roosters with dysfunctional circadian rythms crowing at 3am..." does anyone else see the irony in that most unfortunate combination? Last night I experienced the wrath of the rooster first hand- bringing back repressed memories of the infamous Maui rooster incident with Aunty Claire circa October 2006. Well... Little did the rooster know I came prepared!! A baseball bat... A pellet gun... A rusty shovel...? You may speculate the nature of my secret weapon... Despite being wrongfully accused of the assacination of above noted Maui Rooster- when travelling abroad, I come in peace. Nevertheless I managed to have a wonderful sleep contrary to that damn rooster's ill intent. Little did he know I put out 32 cents for industrial strength earplugs prior to leaving for my trip...! Let this be a warning to tropical roosters alike: you may have won the Maui battle- BUT I WILL WIN THE WAR!!!!!!! Muaaahahahahaha......

No comments:

Post a Comment