Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bali....... need I say more?

So, Bali is pretty much the best place on earth- that I've seen so far... I arrived in Kuta at about midnight, and proceeded to check-in to my hotel, and hit the sack. The next morning I enjoyed and all you can eat buffet breakfast for a whopping $2 and headed to town. I had met a couple french canadians on the plane, and we bumped into one another again at breaky so we decided to book a boat to Gilli Islands together. We found a good price and booked a fast boat leaving the next morning. I spent the rest of the day walking on the beach, getting lost in the random ally ways, shopping, eating, and watching the sunset. Can't complain.

The next day we caught the fast boat to Gilli- which i totally reccommend over the slow boat that can take up to 2 days... We got there in 5 hours from Kuta. It is gorgeous here, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I checked into a hostel on the first day, but then I met this great new friend Lisa later on, and she showed me some bungalows on the northern part of the island where she stays, and so I moved there the next day. Now I am renting my own bungalow just off the beach in a private garden with fresh water, and free breakfast for only $15/day. Pretty awesome. My days here consist of getting up early, going for a swim in the ocean, tanning to dry off, eating, walking to town (about 15 minutes or so), shopping, tanning, eating, walking home, watching sunset from either a lounge chair, or while sitting in the ocean, and enjoying either a late night campfire on the beach, or hanging out at a local regge bar or pub. Honestly- this is the life. I am pretty sure I may have to come back here again to chill out at some point in my trip. It's amazing. Today I went for a tour of the other Gilli Islands, and did 3 snorkels.. we saw turtles and huge clams. Kinda cool. Tomorrow i'm hoping to do a scuba dive at some point, but we'll see how I feel. Life is pretty easy around here...

Anyway, because it's so great here, I've been neglecting my blog, and I'm antsy to get home so I don't miss sunset so I'll keep this short. Love you all, and miss ya!!

CJ
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment